Latest Version 48.1.0 Release Notes
Enigma NMS – Technical Architecture and System Overview
- Full SNMP V3 Implementation through out the product
- Multi-Tenant, Multi-User, Multi-Vendor functionality
- High Availability Cluster with Free Secondary License
- Polling every 60 seconds – highly detailed graphs with custom resolution and layout
- Data granularity fully preserved without roll-up for up to 5 years
- Network Performance Monitor
Temperature Readings – multiple sensors
Ping Round Trip Response
QoS Class Utilization
QoS Class Drops
Traffic Utilization (Bits/Packets per sec)
- Environment Monitor / ANY OID
UPS Battery Status and Time Remaining
Voltage and Current
Radio Signal Strength
ANY OID – Integers and Strings discovered across your entire network domain and Monitored in minutes!
- Server Monitor
File System Utilization
Monitoring of Running Processes
- Application Monitor
Web Page Content and Response Time Monitoring
- Traffic Volume Monitor – Daily Utilizations and Traffic Volumes: All Hours, B.H. and A.H.
- Exceptions Based Performance Reporting and Trending with custom thresholds
- Port Monitor – Auto detection and monitoring of Layer 2 and Layer 3 trunks
- CDP and LLDP Monitor – view all CDP and LLDP peers across entire network domain
- Device Locator – by MAC, IP Address, and NETBIOS Name
- Visibility of All Network Connected Clients – preserving info about disconnected MACs forever
- Root-Cause Analysis with alerts suppression
- Visibility of All VLANs, VTP and MSTP Domains, IP ARP and Routing Tables
- Dynamic Physical Topology Maps
- Google Maps Integration – shows network outages in real time.
- Live Floor Maps – load your Site and Floor Maps and pin down your nodes
- Wireless Monitor – Auto discovered WLC, LWAP, WLAN – VLAN Mapping, Mobile Clients
- VM Monitor – Auto discovered VM Hosts, VM Guests, Resource utilization
- Asset Manager – All Hardware and Software modules on all managed devices, history
- IP Address Manager – IPv4 and IPv6
- Traffic Analyzer – all versions of NetFlow and sFlow, unlimited sources, zero maintenance
- IP SLA Monitor – unlimited probes, zero maintenance
- VRF Monitor – VRFs, Interfaces memberships, Routing, TE Tunnels
- SYSLOG Monitor – top talkers, customizable matching patterns, and actions
- SNMP Trap Monitor – top talkers, customizable matching patterns, and actions
- User Activity Monitor – visibility of all commands entered via CLI across your entire network
- Real Time Monitor – 1-second traffic utilization stats on up to 25 interfaces.
- Routing Monitor BGP, OSPF, EIGRP – detection of incorrect configuration and flapping links
- Configuration Manager – vendor independent, auto config downloads and scheduled config changes on multiple devices
- SNMP Browser
- Maintenance Contract Monitor – proactive notifications on contract expiration
- Flexible Favorites and Custom Reports – Any view or report in the system can be saved as favorite for quick access or scheduled execution.
- Report Exporter – any report or view in the system can be easily exported as PDF or CSV
- Report Scheduler – any custom or favorite report can be scheduled to be executed with result saved as HTML, PDF or CSV and attached to the email
- Telco Services Management
Overlays all Telco Services over your network infrastructure
Tracking Telco Provider Quality of Service
Reduces Outage Restoration Time
Optimize your Telco Infrastructure
- Telco Bill Validation – minimization of telecommunication expenses
- Incident and Change Management
- Intrusion Detection Monitor
- Cisco NBAR Monitor
- Intuitive Alert Storm Control
- Alerts with optional Custom Content.
- Alerts Forward – Northbound integration via generation of custom SYSLOG, SNMP Traps and Email messages with custom content to multiple external Service Desk systems e.g. Tivoli OMNIbus, HP Service Now, ITSM, etc.
- REST API Services – Southbound integration with Client Portals and Service Desk systems via comprehensive REST API Services, extraction of any data including graphs.
- Integration with LDAP, DNS, NTP, SMTP, TACACS, SMS
Following are examples of operational challenges, which network managers could face on daily basis.
Enigma NMS can provide quick answers to all following questions and many more:
• How many network nodes in my network and what vendors they are?
• What hardware models I have in my network?
• What hardware modules installed in all my network devices?
• What is my network physical and logical topology?
• What IOS versions out there in my network and where they are?
• What maintenance contract I have and when they expire, so I can renew them in time?
• How many IP Subnets in my network and where they are, which next IP Subnet I can use, are there enough free IP addresses for new client machines?
• 30 Network switches went down 10 minutes ago at our data center, which node is to blame (Root-cause).
• What Microsoft product I have installed on all my PCs?
• Are any of my application servers running out of memory or disc space.
• I want to monitor all my databases, web servers and business-critical web applications.
• How many TenGigabit links do I have and what they are?
• Do I have any duplicate IP Addresses and where they are?
• How many VLANs and VTP domains out there, where they are and what nodes/interfaces belong to particular VLAN?
• How many physical trunks there is and where they are? I want my NMS to monitor them automatically?
• How many physical trunks went down today, last week or month and for how long, are they connected to WAN carriage?
• What are the busiest links and which links showing errors or discarding packets?
• Are there any links with a duplex mismatch, which will cause severe performance degradation?
• Our users are complaining about slow application response, can I quickly identify if there is anything wrong with my network, or they need to talk to our application support staff?
• What is my network availability, monthly, weekly, daily and what is availability trend?
• How many outages were in my network and what was the outage reason?
• What outages were caused by power failures?
• I want to know what the maximum traffic utilisation on gigabit access ports in my network.
• What are my engineers doing on network devices in real time?
• What the top sources of Syslog messages and SNMP traps?
• Are there any failed fans or power supplies in equipment across my entire enterprise network domain?
• What is my network availability yearly trend, is my network becoming more or less stable?
• I want to see all SLA applied to all my network devices
• What are Telco services being used in my WAN and to what nodes/interfaces they are connected?
• Which client devices, e.g. Printers, Servers, Workstation, etc. are connected to my network and what their names?
• If I take down particular network node for maintenance, how many network clients will be affected and what they are?
• Which traffic is traversing my network and possibly causing congestion?
• What are the top talkers and applications consuming my WAN bandwidth, is it all legitimate traffic, who is accessing what on the internet and when?
• What is the latency across my network?
• We need to roll out a new application, do we have enough bandwidth capacity for it?
• New application requires five new servers with gigabit NICs, do we have enough network port capacity in our data centre?
• How can add or change access-list to 500 network devices without having to telnet into each device?
• How many devices rebooted last night and why?
• At a remote site, I need to provide network connectivity for ten additional staff, do I have enough network ports at this location?
• What is the status of my UPS? Are the batteries still in good condition or need replacement?
• Cisco TAC has sent me critical bug notice, how I can quickly identify network nodes which need IOS upgrade?
• Are there any multicast (Video) streams in my network and where they are coming from, if one of my IP Video cameras goes off the air can I quickly find it?
• What spare network equipment I have and where is it, do I have enough spares to support my entire network infrastructure?
• Have the configs on my network devices been changed yesterday, last week or month? Who and when made the change?
• Have all my network devices configs been backed up?
• My core switch went down last night, why? State this device was at the time of the failure and what is the most probable cause?
• Can I suppress all alarms from affected nodes during scheduled maintenance?
• One of my application servers died Friday night, which was not discovered till Monday, where is it connected to the network? I want to receive alert next time it happens.
• What Cisco Hardware visible on the network, which is not in my management database?
• How many Cisco IP Phones out there and where they are, what are the extension numbers, usernames, etc.?
• We have purchased new Voice-grade WAN link to overseas, can I monitor that the carriage provider is giving me the relevant Quality of Service?
• Are there any unauthorised wireless devices, which could pose a security risk and how long have they been connected to the network?
• I would like all HP, Cisco and 3COM network devices ONLY to be discovered and added to the database.